According to the CDC, you should get your flu shot before the end of October.
Both Delray Beach ExpressDoc locations use the “preservative-free” flu vaccine. A type of flu vaccine that does not contain the preservative thimerosal*. Preservative-free flu vaccines come in a single-dose vial.
Other than the lack of thimerosal*, the formulation contains the same four strains of killed influenza virus as other injectable quadrivalent flu vaccines. Preservative-free flu vaccines are also delivered at the same time and the same dose as the traditional flu vaccines.
Those who should not get the preservative-free flu vaccine include:
- Anyone with a severe egg allergy
- Anyone with a history of Guillain-Barre syndrome
- Anyone with an allergy to any of the ingredients in the flu vaccine
- Anyone with a significant fever at the time of vaccination
- Infants under 6 months old
*Thimerosal is a mercury-based preservative that prevents the growth of bacteria, fungus, or other microorganisms that might contaminate the flu vaccine. We do not use this.