Both locations are offering the COVID-19 RAPID Antibody test. No appointment needed.
Rapid Antibody Test (serologic antibody testing)
- Rapid antibody test via finger stick (results in 15 mins)
- This test detects IgM and IgG antibodies to SARS-CoV-2, the virus that causes COVID-19. Antibodies represent the immune system’s effort to fight off the disease. The detection of antibodies indicates that you currently have or have recently had the virus.
- In the early days of an infection, when the body’s immune response is still building, antibodies may not be detected.
- IgM antibodies represent the body’s early response to the virus and take at least a week to appear after a person has been infected.
- IgG antibodies represent the body’s later response to the virus and appear approximately 3 to 4 weeks after infection.
It is important to understand a negative result may occur if you are tested early in your illness and your body hasn’t had time to produce antibodies to infection.
It can take weeks to develop viral antibodies – and even then they may be too low to detect. Or the test may pick up antibodies from other coronaviruses. In fact, we don’t know how long these antibodies last, or whether or not it even means you’re immune.
In any case, we will consider the test results together with all other aspects of your medical history (such as symptoms, possible exposures, and geographical location of places you have recently traveled) in deciding how to care for you.
We are here to help our Delray Beach neighbors navigate these challenging times. Walk-in, call or use the form below to contact us with any questions.